Thursday, March 29, 2012

March Reading

With all the cruddy weather we had in March, it was a great month for reading.
Here was our list of chapter books:
  1. The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane by Kate DiCamillo. It was so, so good. Sad, sweet, and insightful. Awesome book. (Simon's choice)
  2. Captain Underpants by Dav Pilkey. Um, not sweet and insightful but the boys really thought it was funny. I thought it was tolerable. (Ike's choice)
  3. The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis. Classic. (My choice)

Our "stand out story book" from this month was The Seven Silly Eaters by Mary Ann Hoberman. Really, really cute book. I'm probably going to buy us a copy of this one.

I'm pretty sure I am forgetting one of our chapter books but I can't think of which one it would be.

On the scene for next month is:

  1. The Giraffe, the Pelly, and Me by Roald Dahl. This is Simon's next choice, he LOVES Roald Dahl books. I like some and don't care for some of the others. I really disliked The BFG and the boys loved it.
  2. Where the Red Fern Grows by Wilson Rawls is my next pick. I think I might even be able to round up my old copy at my parent's house.


No comments:

Post a Comment