Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Summer Goals -- for me!

I have a lot of things I want to do with the kids this summer but I have decided there are a lot of things I should try to do with myself this summer too. Here are my summers goals:
  1. Practice the piano 5 times a week. This is one of Ike's goals also and I do believe in leading by example. Besides, I love playing the piano -- I just get so busy with housework & regular work that I forget to stop and do fun things.
  2. Volunteer at Reruns for Kids -- a consignment store benefiting Family Building Blocks. I have some free time this summer and this is a great cause.
  3. Wear my hair a different way every day of the week. Okay -- this may just be stupid but I have this huge head of hear which every day I shove back in to a crappy pony tail. I want to try doing some different things with it. I did a partial french braid this morning and it took my like 15 minutes. I remember in high school I could bust a full french braid out of my hair in about 5.
You'll notice I don't have a goal about cleaning the house or getting organized because I am always doing those things anyway. Also, I didn't need a goal about keeping up on my reading because that is one thing I always make time for anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment