Thursday, April 8, 2010

Old College Friends



Yesterday I met up with one of my best friends from college, Kala, and her husband and daughters. We met up in Eugene which was cool because that's where Kala and I had been friends. We first hit the science factory and then Roaring Rapids Pizza.
I love Ike in this picture. He was making a run from it following his brother's stellar example. That is Mia on the left and Ela in the middle. They were cool kids, funny personalities -- pretty much what I would expect of Kala's offspring.

It seems like sooo long ago that I was a nerdy college student studying math and drinking beer at the local crappy bars. I remember going to hang out at Kala's tiny 2 bedroom house where we would drink coffee with brown sugar and work math problems on her white board. For breaks we would play pool and drink beer at this total dive bar called Cher's. I am pretty sure one of the lights was out on the sign so it read Che's. Good times. I'll really have to dig through my old photo albums and post some pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment