Saturday, April 3, 2010

Saturday Morning with Simon


Simon and I had a great morning together. Duane had taken Ike to Home Depot to build a butterfly house and Simon and I stayed home together. We did "spring cleaning" which sounds fun to a 2 year old. Here is a picture of him washing the plastic easter eggs that the Easter Bunny fills with candy. Ike & Simon did a lot of practice egg hunts and they were looking a little grimy.

We also managed to wash the playdoh cookie cutters and put them all away, clean the kitchen counter tops, mop the floor and do 2 loads of laundry. All in all very productive.

Simon is a roller coaster these days so I try to really focus and remember the times when he is sweet and cute. Later this morning my sister called and said my dad was in the hospital again. I spent the rest of the day at Providence Hospital so needless to say the morning I spent with Simon was the highlight of my day.

I think my dad is doing OK. He just hasn't been the same since he had his heart attack last September. Its really hard because I really have no idea what to do to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment