Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Dec 13 & 14

Weekdays are always a little harder to squeeze in our family Christmas activity. However, yesterday we decorated the tree. It was horrible at first. Simon was just being a giant pill. He was whining and grabbing and doing all sorts of naughty things. We actually had to take a break to regroup because both Duane and I were just fed up and not enjoying ourselves.

We did come back and have a good time decorating the tree. I guess that is just part of family activities. I always think about how fun it will be and it really irks me when the kids have bad behavior on something I am doing that I feel is a treat for them. I try to remember that the activity doesn't have to go the way I planned it to go for it to still be fun.

Today we addressed and stuffed the envelopes for our Christmas cards. They are awesome again this year -- no thanks to me at all. That is all Duane. The boys are featured in disguise on the front cover. Ike's kindergarten teacher didn't even realize it was them on the cover!

And now I am OFFICIALLY caught up on documenting our Advent activities AND I don't have to go to work tomorrow so WOOHOOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment