Friday, December 17, 2010

December 15-17

On December 15, we .. huh.. I have no idea.

On December 16, we opened an early Christmas gift from Duane's sister and her family. It was the game Busytown and since playing a game as a family was one of the things on our list we figured that was a good choice. The kids loved the game. We played it twice through and I played it again twice this morning with Simon while Ike was at school.

Tonight (December 17) we donated gifts to Oregon foster kids. I really tried to get gifts that were for older kids because I figured even fewer people would remember them. Ike was really enthusiastic about the whole experience and thinking about nice things that teenagers would like and he picked out a dart board. (Safety darts.)

Simon was pretty much not there at all. I think 3 1/2 is a little young to be able to think about other people's situations. He is still working on remembering that it hurts other people when he hits them. However, he did pick out a really cute Cars paint set and even though I was planning to aim older we went with it, since he at least was participating.

We also got a Harley Davidson 1500 piece puzzle and a chess & checkers set. Its harder than I thought to pick out stuff for older kids because a lot of the things aimed at teenagers requires other equipment -- video games, music, etc. Nothing would be more depressing than getting a dvd and not having a dvd player to watch it on.

What the heck did we do on Wednesday. I really have no recollection ... oh wait. We built Christmas scenes out of Legos. Well, I built a nice sleigh complete with Santa and a reindeer. Simon played with the sleigh, and Duane and Ike build spaceship "death wagons." Oh well, family time is family time.

No comments:

Post a Comment