Thursday, December 23, 2010

Dec 18 - 23 (Yikes)

Okay - we're falling apart a little bit here at the end. Mostly me with keeping up on posting our activities.
Sat Dec 18: We read a Christmas book together as a family. This time it was Curious George's Christmas.
Dec 19:We were just really busy working on Simon's bunk beds this day but, hey, we were all down in the garage working together so that was our family activity for the day.
Dec 20: We watched A Year Without a Santa Claus in the evening.
Dec 21:We went to Zoo Lights with Grandpa Wise-- hot cocoa, popcorn, saw some monkeys, fish, giant anaconda. It was a really great time. Wish I had remembered to bring the camera but oh well.
Dec 22: We all worked on a Christmas present for Grandpa Wise. When I was a little girl he always had me make pomander balls for my grandparents so we are working on making one for him. Every one of us worked for a while (and its still not quite done!)
Dec 23: Had cookies and hot cocoa with the Schaefers. Simon kicked the baby, intentionally. It was horrible. HORRIBLE. He was mad because his turn for holding the baby was over and so he kicked at her. It was more of a shove with his feet but it was still horrible. He has some real jealousy issues because he thinks that Lily got her baby sister for Christmas and he wants a baby sister for Christmas. I have tried to tell him that the baby isn't Lily's Christmas present but I don't think he believes me. On the upside, Ike had excellent behavior all day today. Considering how much trouble he has been giving us at school this year I am going to focus on being happy about that and not thinking about how my youngest son enjoys kicking babies.


No comments:

Post a Comment