Tuesday, December 14, 2010

December 12 Tree & Train

Most of this post is going to be dedicated to our official annual tradition of getting a Christmas Tree with the Schaefers. We started this tradition in 2007 the year after we moved out to Oregon and they year that Simon was born. The first 2 years of our tree-getting the Schaefers forgot to bring cash to get the tree. It was especially hilarious the second year because Elizabeth told me had pointedly got out cash just for the trip and then she totally forgot it. (They have brought cash both the last 2 year.)

Our group has increased significantly in population and mass. The first year Simon was a BABY, Ike was a toddler and Lily was there but not visible. (Elizabeth was about 3 months pregnant.)
This year baby Violet made it just in time to be visible in the picture! Enjoy checking out our families' growth.





Okay - now as I look at these pictures, I am forced to ask, "Do I OWN another coat?" I am the only person in the same coat year after year. I do like it that the coat Ike is wearing in the first picture is the same one Simon is wearing in the latest picture.

Since this post is technically about tree & train -- we also rode the Holiday Train out of Oaks Park in Portland with my dad on Sunday Afternoon. We had a really nice visit and the kids had a great time checking out the train and enjoying the surprise visit from Santa Claus. I got a couple pictures but most of them I already posted on facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment