Saturday, April 5, 2014

End of Week 2 - 4 weeks to a more organized home


Boy was this a crazy week. Simon made it to school exactly once, and we finally had to break out the inhaler because his cough started getting wheezy.  He puked about 4 times from coughing so much including at swimming lessons last night. Yup, we're those people. Pool had to be evacuated. The swimming folks were pretty awesome about the whole thing really.

Anyway, I did manage to finish all my assignments with the exception of  cleaning out the dresser drawers.  It's on my "To Do" list for this weekend.



My goal list for Friday was especially satisfying:

  1. Take Simon to the doctor.
  2. Write & mail cub scout check.
  3. Take checks to scout store.
  4. Figure out camp fees for scouts.
  5. Update 111 roster and email slackers.
  6. Organize desk and bookshelf.
  7. Make mouth guard appointment for Ike. (I tried but the lady organizing these was out of the office.)
  8. Sign kids up for lego robotics summer camps (It seems ridiculously early to be doing this but these fill up fast and I really needed particular weeks. Ike is going to Lego robot camp while Simon goes to scout camp and vice versa.)
  9. Wipe light switch covers.
  10. Dust ceiling fans & light fixtures.

I even managed to clean out 7 empty binders from my home desk and my office at work as my 7 items for Thursday.


 

 How did I do on my goals? Pretty darn badly. Having a sick kid home really makes it difficult to do any extra stuff.
  1. Go to the gym twice. (Fail! - I am going this morning at 10 though. Simon being home sick really put a wrench in the gym.)
  2. Paint the bathroom door. (Doing this today! I did get the door off the hinges and prepped.)
  3. Unpack from the weekend away.
  4. Do 3 piano lessons with the kids and practice 3 times. (Fail! We did 1 lesson.  Hoping to do one today though.)
  5. Plant blueberry bushes - weather permitting. (It's been absolutely pouring.) (Also a fail, but it rained all week so ...)
In an unrelated note, I am trying an experiment in the boys' bathroom. I had them start cleaning their own bathroom about a year ago and they do a decent job. However, the boys and I neglected the shower and since I don't go in there, I didn't notice until just recently how gross it was. There is mold on the caulking around the shower door. I tried cometing the entire shower, and it really cleaned up everything but the mold on the caulking. I read off Pinterest where you can put cotton balls soaked in bleach on the caulking and leave it overnight. It supposed will come clean.  I just did that. BOY does that bleach smell strong. OPEN the window and turn on the fan!!! Yikes.  I'll post the before and after results, tomorrow. Letting it sit all day today.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment