Tuesday, April 1, 2014

MOH - Week 2 Days 1 & 2

I pretty much did Monday on Sunday since I knew we'd be spending most of the day getting Simon's kidney checked out up at Doernbecher Children's Hospital in Portland. We'd never been to Doernbecher's before, his nephrologist had previously worked out of Legacy Emanuel and it was actually a very nice hospital. Everything went really smoothly -- Simon especially like carrying his urine sample around from the lab area to the doctor's office.  The checkup itself went okay, his kidney function test was good however his blood pressure is high. He has to go on a low-sodium diet for 6 weeks and then we are going to recheck his blood pressure.  I've spent the last day reading labels and trying to figure out what is okay - and what is not okay. I'm going to have to send snacks in for his classroom and his Tuesday/Thursday after school care because they both serve Goldfish crackers like 99% of the time.

As I've been reading it seems like 140mg per serving is number to watch. Less than that is deemed "low sodium" so that is what I am aiming for in all his food.  It is lucky that he really likes fruit (0 sodium!) Too bad they already plowed through the 2lbs of strawberries I got at the grocery store yesterday.

Anyhoo, on Monday I did clean out a big bin we had of toys and pitched all the McDonald's happy meal toys and anything that was broken.  This made a pretty sizeable bag, really. I am counting that for today's clean out as well.

I vacuumed the living room and front room and did do all the baseboards except for the 3 bathrooms, the boys' bedroom, and the office. We just painted the new office so it didn't need to be done. I am off to do the bathrooms right now. Maybe I can talk Ike into doing his own room. Boy were the baseboards gross by the way, much worse than I expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment