Thursday, April 3, 2014

Week 2 Wednesday



One of the assignments for the day was to wipe down all the door handles. Simon, who was home sick again, helped me with this and we were done in about 5 minutes.  I some how missed the assignment about cleaning out your drawers so I am going to add that to the list for Friday. 
I got rid of a pair of shoes of Simon's because when he went to put them on, I realized they had a giant hole near the toe. Nice. I hope he hasn't been wearing them to school. I also helped Simon tidy his desk which meant recycling a bunch of used paper and cardboard.  So yesterday was more of a "throwing away" day rather than a Goodwill day but that needs to happen too.

So I actually did awesome on my 5-7 specific goals "To do" list.  
1. Catch up on laundry. Done

2.  Take bathroom door off hinges & prep for painting.
The bathroom door is done. It was actually kind of a nice home repair teaching moment with Simon. He helped me take the door off the hinges and then he actually used the screwdriver and removed the hinges from the door himself.  I showed him how to take off the door handle and we sanded the parts were the paint had been flaking off.  Also, both boys thought it was hilarious to pee with in the bathroom that didn't have a door on it. 

3. Get Flaco's nails trimmed.  -- Half done?!?

This didn't really go so well, but I give myself an E for effort. We took Flaco to Petco, but after it took 3 different employees to try to hold him down to trim his nails, they finally gave up and refunded me $10 of my $15 dollars. They were only able to get the back ones done.  They recommended I get some sedatives from my vet. Oye, Flaco. (He also has note in his "file" that he is not welcome to get his nails done at Petco.)

4. Sort out cub scout bank account. Done!

5. Clean up the laundry room.

Wow, the laundry room was gross.  I tidied everything up, wiped everything down, and got out the swiffer and slid it under the dryer.  Here was the results!


I also wanted to show off my super cool shelf of laundry detergent. I make my own detergent and store it all in bottles ready to go. My husband made me this shelf that fits right above the door and out of the way. I love it!  Plus all those bottles have been used at least 3 times now, and will continue to be used for many more years to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment